May 30, 2009

Finally, @ Perth

Finally!!!

I’m here in Australia after much stressful confusion and upheavals.

The night before the flight, I couldn’t fall asleep with so many thoughts crossing my mind.
Hours later, I finally fell asleep after tossing my body all over the place like the chicken salad I ate at the LA airport… sigh…

So, I was on 4 different planes to get to Perth, which was definitely the most I’ve ever been on to get to one final destination. Total of about 40 hours, including the wait and transfer times. On the first flight to Dallas, I sat next to this guy who worked for a chicken company. He was telling me how valuable and expensive each of their chicken is, because the chickens they sell are meant to multiply. It was interesting, yet I began to lose focus as our conversation resumed about chickens for the next 20 minutes… He was nice, though.

I was completely exhausted by the time I got to Perth that I could almost pass out on the airport floor. My eyes were red and puffed up behind my glasses, and my hair looked like a Honeycomb monster’s. Yeah,,, just imagine that. I was greeted by my Australian coordinator Dr. Happs and his lovely wife Hazel with a big hug. Despite my overtiredness, we managed to get a quick look at the gorgeous beach side and went to go charge up the minutes on the cell phone they got for me. My face probably glowed when I saw that old-red-Nokia cell phone that people used to have about 7 years ago. Hehe. Whatever it is, can’t live without one~

We finally got home and I met my host-mom and her cute, but chubby Bichon- Frise. By the way he greeted me, I think he already knew that I was going to be his family. Muahaha. Oh, I almost forgot to mention… I am not living with a couple and three little kids anymore, which I am kind of glad about. After being with young kids for all day, you don’t want to go home to another three little young ones… Well, my new host family is an elder woman, and my gosh, she is so absolutely wonderful! She tries so hard to make me feel right at home, and she is so cute when she talks in her semi-Aussie/ semi-British accent.

I am so excited for tomorrow! With only 3 months to stay, I look forward to every next day so that I can live my time here to the fullest. I will soon post more exciting events with pictures!!!

4 comments:

  1. yeah! glad u r having fun! :)
    btw "only" three months? -_-"
    well, I guess time will pass by quickly as both of us have lots to do! hehehe
    I miss u and have a great time in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is SO weird that you are actually there! i'm really glad you "made it"! ryan and i totally had our doubts! get on fb chat/gchat/skype and we'll talk soon, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, you two had totally jinxed the whole thing! That's why I couldn't get here on time.. i blame you twooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 hours is way too long to be in transit. I'm glad you're there and settled in now. I suppose if you can't sleep you could always try counting chickens...

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete