May 2, 2009

Countdown: 10 days

10 more days til PERTH, AUSTRALIA!!

Yes, I'll be spending 3 months in Perth, Australia to complete my student teaching this year.

After researching a bit about Perth, I found that Perth is the capital and largest city of Western Australia (one of the 6 Australian states). The population ranks 4th amongst the nation’s cities! I was born and raised in a city, so learning that Perth is a large city eased my anxiety of going to a foreign country. I was also excited by the fact that Perth’s population is notable for the high proportion of British-born residents. Who knows I may pick up some accent while I'm there? ;)

Like most of the cities in Australia, Perth is located in a coastal area. My housing and school placement is located in a coastal suburb with beautiful and clean beaches. Sadly, my stay there will be from May through August, which is going to their wet winter season. It really bothered me at first that I would be skipping my summer this year, and also be unable to enjoy lovely Australian beaches. However, good news is that winter in Perth is relatively cool, and their daytime temperature rarely falls below 60 °F. Plus, I don't have to deal with blazing hot Georgia weather this year! Yay!

I am just so thrilled to have this unique opportunity!!!

10 more days left! Still counting down...

1 comment:

  1. I am the first one to comment yay~!
    lucky you Chloe my love
    I am soooooo jealous~! :)

    ReplyDelete